Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TruE StoRy

This is a true story of a dear friend…My SM…We call each other soul mate friends cause we jive well…I love her and hope her story will inspire all of you…Thanks to you SM, you allowed me to share your story in my blog.

At age 21, she had her eye on someone else then, but ended up pregnant with his husband’s baby. Against her family’s wishes and her love of her life wishes, she marry her husband.

She describes her marriage as blissful but short-lived. After 3 years, Her Husband carried on with another woman, and then another. They reconciled several times, but her husband was unfamiliar with fidelity and my friend because of that fell out of love, in the end she filed for annulment. After a few months, at last she is legally separated or annulled. She could move on with her life.

Melai: Any Topic you can relate with?

SM: I can relate with rejection. I have been rejected several times in my life.

Melai: For example?

SM: If your husband fools around, that’s rejection because he’d rather stay with her than with you.

Melai: How many relationship have you had?

SM: Not a lot. I can still count them with the fingers on my hand.

Melai: What sort of guy do you fall for?

SM: He has to be exciting, playful and intelligent. “ Pag hindi intelligent yung guy, parang boring..’’ I want a guy who knows his own mind, who’s not stunned or awed for who I am. A guy who can treat me special. But it’s hard to find all these qualities in one guy…

Melai: Ever wonder why you keep falling for the wrong men?

SM: When I got married I was 22. I was innocent and naïve. Next thing I knew, I woke up wala na—I lost my bubble and I didn’t even know I did. It was a case of, oops nabuntis ka. I didn’t want to get married. But I worried about my child growing up without a father.

Melai: Describe your first marriage

SM: it was blissful. Every weekend we would go out of town and check into a hotel. I would cook all the meals. I would serve him on hand and foot. I was happy being a housewife until someone came into the picture. “ nahuli ko siyang may ibang babae”. We talked and we tried to work it out for another year but I can’t take it anymore.. I can’t handle it anymore.One night when I confronted him, he shouted on me. I told myself naubos na pasensya ko, I’m going to leave him and I did.

We separated; I filed for annulment on the grounds of psychological incapacity. At that time he had live with that girl and they had already a kid. I won the case.

I’ve had two failed relationship after my annulment. The first one, my friends didn’t like him. He doesn’t have balls to stand by me. The second one couldn’t take my lifestyle, so I had to break up with him.

Melai: What lessons have you learned from your marriage and you’re other failed relationship?

SM: You have to be very careful in choosing your mate. Don’t rush. Marry for the right reasons. I got married because I didn’t want my daughter to grow up without a father.

Melai: How do you feel about being single again?

SM: I miss going to the movies with someone. I haven’t been to a movie in a long time. I miss candlelit dinners. I miss cuddling up when it’s raining or just spooning.

Melai: What don’t you miss?

SM: Arguments, insecure men, possessive and idiot husband..hahaha

Melai: Describe yourself today.

SM: I’m a survivor. I’ve had my share of trials and tribulations, and each time, I’ve managed to pick up the pieces and start fresh. I am not afraid to fall in love again someday.

Melai: what if someday you realize you’re better off by yourself?

SM: I’ve realized long ago that I will never be happy by myself. I cannot live without a man. Because I refuse to be alone in life, I believe that someday the right person will come along....

No comments:

Post a Comment